Each room has its own program/curriculum that caters to the individual needs and interests of the children as well as reflecting the philosophy of the centre.
The service has to offer
Educators at Forbes Learning Ladder are guided by the interests of each individual child and their development. The service also follows the learning outcomes of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF). Family and individual needs are incorporated in our programs that cover area’s such as cultural and individual child’s interests, needs and development.
The service participates in many different programs that builds on the development of each individual child. These include but not limited to:
- Ella Language program (Echidna’s Room).
- Music program (Mitchell conservatorium), offered by a qualified music teacher.
- Health care programs (Dental, hearing and eye testing, speech pathology).
- Cultural involvement including NAIDOC Day, Harmony Day, Dreaming Centre excursions, AECG representative.
- Munch and Move is a healthy lifestyle program for children from 0-5 years. The program focuses on supporting the development of Fundamental Movement Skills through game based active play, encourages healthy eating.
- Positive Living skills.
- Providing bus travel for community engagement and inclusion.