- Forbes Community OSHC aims to provide quality care and recreational activities for children from ages 5-12 years in a safe, caring, nurturing and stimulating environment.
- We believe that Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) is an extension of the family unit and a support to families in the care and wellbeing of their children.
- We believe in promoting respect for all people by recognising and celebrating the similarities, differences, diverse backgrounds and abilities of everyone in our community
- We believe in encouraging children to develop a healthy self-image through social interactions, which involve cooperation, conflict resolution and relationship building.
- We believe in our service having a friendly atmosphere. Everyone who enters is welcomed and valued as an individual.
- We acknowledge and value the staff for their skills and experience and for the consistency of interactions with children.
- To provide a happy, healthy, nurturing environment for children
- To enable each child to feel they belong within the service
- To provide a program for children which gives them opportunities to develop the knowledge and skills they need to reach their full potential
- To provide activities that are interesting, fun and developmentally appropriate
- To ensure a safe, hygienic and secure environment while in our care
- To respect and be sensitive to the needs of families
- To maintain regular communication between the service and families
- To maintain a collaborative approach to the service provision, consulting with staff, children, families and the community on relevant matters